Please note that the webmaster retains the right to accept or reject any request for an entry on these pages.
Laptop donation scheme
Debbie Lindop of Cheshire East sent this information:-
The Rotary Club of Nantwich is looking for laptops and tablets
Do you have a laptop or tablet that you no longer need? One of our local computer shops, The Laptop Shop, has kindly agreed to renovate, upgrade and securely wipe (if necessary) for school use They will then be donated to local schools for children who have no or limited ability to access to home internet learning. If the computer is not suitable then it will be recycled responsibly.
If you have any unwanted laptops or tablets for donation, then please ring the Rotary Club of Nantwich on 07973635794 or email email@example.com and collection will be arranged. If easier, you can also drop them off at The Laptop Shop, 91 Hospital Street, Nantwich CW5 5RU (but please ring Peter on 01270 620770 first due to Covid restrictions). Thank you.
Volunteer Driver Insurance
Debbie Lindop of Cheshire East sent this information:-
We’ve had a couple of queries about volunteer drivers and if still covered under their car insurance, so I thought it would be useful to share this information wider.
It would appear that the previous Association of British Insurers (ABI) scheme of pledges to provide cover for drivers who are volunteering will continue until at least 19/3/21, however, there are different rules for each insurance company about if the insurance company needs to be advised or not. See the full list here.
Please also see links below for further information.
Thanks from the Browns
On behalf of my husband Tony and myself, we would like to thank all our friends in Hankelow for their lovely and kind thoughts and gifts during our recent dealings with the marvellous Leighton Hospital. We are also reminded by our two daughters how grateful they are for everything that our friends have done in supporting us.
Our youngest daughter has always said ‘Hankelow rocks!!’.......how true that is.
Eileen and Tony Brown
Once again 'thank you all' !!
This poem was composed by Jenny Howarth.
Covid - 19
The R rate, it’s getting too high,
Meaning more innocent people will die,
Protests, large groups and so much more,
Please think what your doing, I’m shocked to the core,
It’s a simple request, social distance, keep safe,
It shouldn’t have to be rammed in your face,
It’s not forever, this pandemic will be in our past,
But lets put it there quicker, it’s spreading too fast,
If you look at yourself and think you’ll be fine,
Think of the vulnerable suffering down the line,
It doesn’t take much for this virus to spread,
Family and friends catching it I genuinely dread,
My friends and colleagues, NHS staff,
Are risking their lives, this isn’t a laugh,
It’s much more serious than some people think,
Pushing the country to the absolute brink,
But we can stop this, we can win,
Just listen to the advice and please STAY IN.
It could save your life, your families and friends,
So let’s stop this now and fight for the end.
The poem has also been featured in an article on Nantwich News.
Most of this information was supplied by Deb Lindop, Community Development Officer at Cheshire East Council.
Cheshire East Coronavirus information.
As well as their Covid 19 information hub, Cheshire East have published information covering various aspects of the Covid 19 situation.
General support and advice.
- The East Cheshire Council bus timetable webpage has information on bus travel, including guidance on the wearing of face coverings.
- A Care Communities Newsletter for the Nantwich area.
- Wrenbury Together and Audlem ADCA are together providing support for local residents who may need help.
- Corona Virus advice booklet - general advice on self-isolating and social distancing.
- Volunteer resource pack - advice and resources for volunteers supporting people who are self-isolating.
- Safeguarding Adults in Self-Isolation - advice for those self-isolating who need support.
- Task instructions for volunteers - instructions for volunteers supporting vulnerable people.
- Coronavirus Social Media Pack - advice on scams
- Corona Virus Assessment service - an initial assessment centre in Nantwich for those showing symptoms.
- COVID-19 press release - initial information from Cheshire East
Advice for carers
- Local Covid 19 testing is available at Leighton hospital. Tests can be booked on the NHS website Corona Virus Testing for Key Workers in Cheshire.
- Right at Home - a telephone-based local service to assist carers
- Cheshire East Carers Hub Chat Line
- The RSPCA has issued guidance if you are Walking someone else's dog.
- Domestic abuse services - an update from Cheshire East
- A Domestic Abuse Notice from Cheshire Police.
- Advice on Mental Health - guidelines to keep us safe
- CAF emergency fund for charities - financial help for smaller charities
- Green Doctor Coronavirus support plan - help for households to deal with concerns over energy costs.
Citizens Advice Cheshire East has a number of ways people can continue to get advice at this time. They say:-
- People can contact us by email and phone; if you have an issue you’d like help with direct from us, complete this form https://www.citizensadvicece.org.uk/email and we will be in touch
- People can reach us by calling 03444 111 444. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- People can chat online to an adviser by visiting the Citizens Advice website at citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us
Older items from this section can be found here