Please note that the webmaster retains the right to accept or reject any request for an entry on these pages.
Theft at Corbrook Lodge
At around 3 am on Sunday morning (8th November) 2 mountain bikes, a petrol driven Stihl leaf blower/sucker, strimmer and an electric sander in a black fabric case were stolen from Corbrook Lodge.
The Stihl leaf blower & strimmer were found dumped or hidden in brambles by the lay-by in the dip between Hankelow & Corbrook. The sander and bikes remain outstanding.
The mountain bikes are junior size & Isla brand – one is grey with luminescent green makers name and the other is turquoise/teal with orange makers name.
The residents have excellent CCTV and also have training shoe prints but would be grateful if anybody with any further information or CCTV covering the Audlem Road - no matter how little - would contact the web site for their details to be forwarded on. There is unlikely to be much traffic at 0300 - 0330 & the bikes may have been ridden away.
Cheshire East is now in the second lockdown.
Since the notice below concerning the Covid alert level was posted, the Government have announced new national restrictions, to apply for four weeks from 00:01 a.m. on Thursday November 5th, until Wednesday December 2nd. You can find out more here.
Deb Lindop of Cheshire East has sent a link to a virtual Village Hall, an initiative by the Royal Voluntary Service, and information about the Council's Covid 19 community response and recovery fund, which is being extended. Also more recruitment and job support is available.
This poem was composed by Jenny Howarth.
Covid - 19
The R rate, it’s getting too high,
Meaning more innocent people will die,
Protests, large groups and so much more,
Please think what your doing, I’m shocked to the core,
It’s a simple request, social distance, keep safe,
It shouldn’t have to be rammed in your face,
It’s not forever, this pandemic will be in our past,
But lets put it there quicker, it’s spreading too fast,
If you look at yourself and think you’ll be fine,
Think of the vulnerable suffering down the line,
It doesn’t take much for this virus to spread,
Family and friends catching it I genuinely dread,
My friends and colleagues, NHS staff,
Are risking their lives, this isn’t a laugh,
It’s much more serious than some people think,
Pushing the country to the absolute brink,
But we can stop this, we can win,
Just listen to the advice and please STAY IN.
It could save your life, your families and friends,
So let’s stop this now and fight for the end.
The poem has also been featured in an article on Nantwich News.
Most of this information was supplied by Deb Lindop, Community Development Officer at Cheshire East Council.
Cheshire East Coronavirus information.
As well as their Covid 19 information hub, Cheshire East have published information covering various aspects of the Covid 19 situation.
General support and advice.
- The East Cheshire Council bus timetable webpage has information on bus travel, including guidance on the wearing of face coverings.
- A Care Communities Newsletter for the Nantwich area.
- Wrenbury Together and Audlem ADCA are together providing support for local residents who may need help.
- Corona Virus advice booklet - general advice on self-isolating and social distancing.
- Volunteer resource pack - advice and resources for volunteers supporting people who are self-isolating.
- Safeguarding Adults in Self-Isolation - advice for those self-isolating who need support.
- Task instructions for volunteers - instructions for volunteers supporting vulnerable people.
- Coronavirus Social Media Pack - advice on scams
- Corona Virus Assessment service - an initial assessment centre in Nantwich for those showing symptoms.
- COVID-19 press release - initial information from Cheshire East
Advice for carers
- Local Covid 19 testing is available at Leighton hospital. Tests can be booked on the NHS website Corona Virus Testing for Key Workers in Cheshire.
- Right at Home - a telephone-based local service to assist carers
- Cheshire East Carers Hub Chat Line
- The RSPCA has issued guidance if you are Walking someone else's dog.
- Domestic abuse services - an update from Cheshire East
- A Domestic Abuse Notice from Cheshire Police.
- Advice on Mental Health - guidelines to keep us safe
- CAF emergency fund for charities - financial help for smaller charities
- Green Doctor Coronavirus support plan - help for households to deal with concerns over energy costs.
Citizens Advice Cheshire East has a number of ways people can continue to get advice at this time. They say:-
- People can contact us by email and phone; if you have an issue you’d like help with direct from us, complete this form https://www.citizensadvicece.org.uk/email and we will be in touch
- People can reach us by calling 03444 111 444. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- People can chat online to an adviser by visiting the Citizens Advice website at citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us
Older items from this section can be found here